Re-opening of the club – Stage 3
Independent buddy sailing, windsurfing, radio controlled sailing and SUPing resumed from 16th May 2020 at Bough Beech Sailing Club. Please see Bylaw E5 which sets out the rules for this, particularly as regards young people under 18 years old. While social distancing is in force, the competent adult must be a member of the same household.
This is for Club Members who have renewed their club membership from 1st May 2020. Please note that the gate code has been changed and will be issued when membership is renewed. No guests should be brought on site. There is no access to the clubhouse, safety boats or club equipment
In addition from 2 August 2020 a limited program of organised activities will be slowly introduced in accordance with guidelines from the UK government and the RYA. Safety cover will be provided on Sundays (subject to available volunteers).
The critical core measures remain the same:
• Maintain strict social distancing, strictly 2 meters apart at all times so a 2 man boat must be sailed by people in the same household
• Maintain hygiene standards, wash hands with soap and water regularly
• Do not come to the club if you have a temperature or been in contact with someone who has had COVID symptoms in the last 14 days
• You should only attend the club for a sailing activity with members of your household, it is not available to meet with friends to socialise
• The gate must always remain locked unless there is an ‘officer of the day’ on duty. Please wear gloves opening and closing the gate and wash hands either with soap and water or a high alcohol hand sanitiser
• The clubhouse will remain closed so there are no changing facilities or galley. Please arrive ready to go on the water or change discreetly in the car park
• The fishermen’s toilet is available for members use, but please observe safety precautions.
• There will be limited safety cover in place (initially on some Sundays). When there is no safety cover provided all sailors must be able to cope with prevailing weather conditions without any form of assistance.
• Park considerately so that social distancing can be adhered to
• When launching and recovering please observe social distancing rules
• An amended program of organised events will be introduced following an appropriate risk assessment and in accordance with UK government and RYA guidance.