Following the Government’s new rules to mitigate the spread of the Omicron variant which came into force on 10 December 2021 and based on RYA advice, members are asked to act as follows:
- Face coverings must be worn in communal areas of the sailing club. For BBSC this means the entrance and stairs, changing rooms (except when showering), Club room (except when eating and drinking) and the Race Office.
- You should carry out a self-assessment before each visit and do not come to the club if you are feeling unwell. (Use a Lateral Flow or get a PCR Covid test kit if in doubt).
- Do not come to the club if you have been advised to self-isolate.
- Consider what the risks of catching Covid are to you personally and act accordingly. You may be more vulnerable to the disease. Even if you are fully vaccinated, there is still a risk that you might become ill and/or pass the disease on to others. Maintain social distancing and consider wearing a face covering where appropriate.
- Respect the concerns of other members who may have a more cautious approach to risk than you. Where possible arrange meetings out of doors or in well ventilated spaces.
RYA advice is to continue to change at home if you can. We will endeavour to keep the clubhouse well ventilated and increase the frequency of cleaning.
If you discover, during or shortly after a visit to the club where you have mixed with other members, you have developed Covid-19, please inform Nick Marden at firstname.lastname@example.org or any member of the Committee as soon as possible.