Following the Government’s announcement of more relaxed leisure restrictions on 10 May, the Club has been able partially to reopen to permit paid up members to use the lake for social sailing at their own risk. The Clubhouse remains closed and there are no formal Club activities.
Re-opening of the club – Stage 2
Following the updated government advice earlier this week, we are pleased to announce that from Saturday 16th May independent buddy sailing, windsurfing, radio controlled sailing and SUPing may resume at Bough Beech Sailing Club. Please see Bylaw E5 which sets out the rules for this, particularly as regards young people under 18 years old. While social distancing is in force, the competent adult must be a member of the same household.
This is for Club Members who have renewed their club membership from 1st May 2020. Please note that the gate code has been changed and will be issued when membership is renewed. No guests should be brought on site. There is no access to the clubhouse, safety boats or club equipment
The critical core measures remain the same:
• Maintain strict social distancing, strictly 2 meters apart at all times so a 2 man boat must be sailed by people in the same household
• Maintain hygiene standards, wash hands with soap and water regularly
• Do not come to the club if you have a temperature or been in contact with someone who has had COVID symptoms in the last 14 days
• All activity must be recreational only. No organised activity may be arranged.
• You should only attend the club for a sailing activity with members of your household, it is not available to meet with friends to socialise
• The gate must always remain locked. Please wear gloves opening and closing the gate and wash hands either with soap and water or a high alcohol hand sanitiser
• The clubhouse will remain closed so there are no changing facilities or galley. Please arrive ready to go on the water or change discreetly in the car park
• The fishermen’s toilet is available for members use, but please observe safety precautions.
• There will be no safety cover, all sailors must be able to cope with prevailing weather conditions without any form of assistance.
• Park considerately so that social distancing can be adhered to
• When launching and recovering please observe social distancing rules
The Management Team will also be drawing up a risk assessment for the permitted activities as we enter each stage of the roadmap.
Members are encouraged to read the risk assessment for the current stage and note the actions they are asked to take when visiting the club to both to minimise the risk or catching or spreading the Corona virus and for their own safety on the water.
Planning for restarting other activities
The Club is monitoring Government advice as it emerges as well as guidance from the RYA, and is planning how safely to resume as many of its activities as possible as soon as they are permitted.
A Covid 19 Management Team comprising the Commodore, Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore and Sailing Secretary have agreed an outline roadmap for the resumption of club activities which sets out the possible stages. It will be reviewed and revised according to the advice we receive.