Further to the notice sent to members on 19 December about the Government’s declaration of new Tier 4 rules and how they might affect the club, we have now had guidance from the RYA on what is and is not permissible.
The good news is that unlike in November, the Club does not have to close. Members may continue to sail their boats at any time between 0900 hrs and sunset, however
- The club gates will be padlocked at all times. Since we are told that the new variant of Covid-19 is especially transmissible, you will need to take extra care when touching the gate and gate padlock and if using the fishermen’s toilet. Please check and observe the other points in the Club’s Covid-19 Stage 2 risk assessment documents including logging visits to the club by emailing email@example.com
- The government says you should exercise (sail) only within your household, support bubble, or with one person from another household.
- The government says you can only travel a short distance within your tier 4 area to exercise if necessary and you should not enter a Tier 4 area from another tier.
- There will be no club racing or any other organised club activity.
- No rescue cover will be provided at any time. Buddy sailing rules (Bylaw E5) therefore apply. Please check you understand what they say, particularly with regard to young sailors under 18. Obviously, now we are in a colder and windier season, you need to be doubly sure that you can cope with the prevailing and anticipated conditions, and self-rescue if things go wrong.
- Club boats will not be available to hire.
Weir Wood SC has circulated the following through the WKSSA network:
“Weir Wood is located in Wealden which as it stands today is in tier 2. At this incredibly difficult time for all of us, we would like to help members of other WKSSA clubs who live in tier 2 and hence cannot sail at their own clubs by offering temporary honorary membership allowing them to sail at WWSC. If you fall into this category and would like to look at this further please contact me (Chris Hopkins)”
Please see attached the current road map