Following the updated government advice earlier this week, we are pleased to announce that from Saturday 16th May independent buddy sailing, windsurfing, radio controlled sailing and SUPing may resume at Bough Beech Sailing Club. Please see Bylaw E5 which sets out the rules for this, particularly as regards young people under 18 years old. While social distancing is in force, the competent adult must be a member of the same household.
This is for Club Members who have renewed their club membership from 1st May 2020. Please note that the gate code has been changed and will be issued when membership is renewed. No guests should be brought on site. There is no access to the clubhouse, safety boats or club equipment
The critical core measures remain the same:
• Maintain strict social distancing, strictly 2 meters apart at all times so a 2 man boat must be sailed by people in the same household
• Maintain hygiene standards, wash hands with soap and water regularly
• Do not come to the club if you have a temperature or been in contact with someone who has had COVID symptoms in the last 14 days
• All activity must be recreational only. No organised activity may be arranged.
• You should only attend the club for a sailing activity with members of your household, it is not available to meet with friends to socialise
• The gate must always remain locked. Please wear gloves opening and closing the gate and wash hands either with soap and water or a high alcohol hand sanitiser
• The clubhouse will remain closed so there are no changing facilities or galley. Please arrive ready to go on the water or change discreetly in the car park
• The fishermen’s toilet is available for members use, but please observe safety precautions.
• There will be no safety cover, all sailors must be able to cope with prevailing weather conditions without any form of assistance.
• Park considerately so that social distancing can be adhered to
• When launching and recovering please observe social distancing rules
These conditions are subject to change in line with Government advice, and the Committee will be planning how to resume at least some club activities safely when it becomes possible.
Above all enjoy you time on the water and stay alert and stay safe!