Bough Beech Sailing Club is run by the members, for the members. All members are expected to complete at least two duties per year which may include, depending on experience, Race Officer, Assistant Race Officer, Officer of the Day, Safety Boat Skipper & Safety Boat Crew.
Duties are managed using an on-line system called DutyMan. Here you are able to select the duties you want to do. If you don’t select the duties yourself then the Duties Secretary will select duties for you.
What Duties Can I Do?
- Click here for Officer of the Day
- This shore based duty involves taking responsibility for ensuring the club runs smoothly on the day. Regualr training sessions are held to ensure members who wish to undertake this duty are familiar with the operation of the club, please contact the duties secretary if you would like to attened this training
- Click here for Race Officer
- This duty is allocated by the clubs Principle Race Officer to sailors with experience of racing and the knowledge to run races. Please contact the principle race officer if you would like to join the team of race officers.
- Click here for Assistant Race Officer
- No specific qualifications are required for this duty. The Race Officer will give instructions on the day.
- Click here for Safety Boat Skipper
- You need a current RYA Power Boat 2, RYA Safety Boat Certificate, First Aid qualification and be assessed by a club offical for this duty. Skippers are asked to perform 6 duties a year so they can keep their experience level high. If you wish to become part of the Safety Boat Squad then please contact the chief safety boat coxswain.
- Click here for Safety Boat Crew
- No experience is required but you should be confident in the water such that you can give assistance if required. You will need to wear suitable clothing for the weather conditions (a wetsuit or drysuits is required between 1st November and 30th April).
If you have been rostered for a duty but you are unable to attend, it will be your responsibility to find a replacement or swap via the DutyMan website. Please let the Duties Secretary know if you have any difficulties.
The documents listed here are further information for Race officers and Safety Boat Crews. If you need more information please ask the Duties Secretary or a Flag Officer.
To view your or manage your own duty use DutyMan system